Wednesday 27 March 2013

When I'm grown up I will forget you

Wotsit is now 4 and a half.  No less cheeky, no less gorgeous.

At bedtime tonight, I sang (Monkey's but now Wotsit's favourite goodnight song) Hush Little Baby.  And then,

Me: I love you
Wotsit: I love you too Mummy.  I'll always love you.  I'll always love you... until I forget you.
Me: You won't forget me darling.
Wotsit: I will.  When I'm grown up I will forget you.
Me: Sweetheart, you won't forget me, I haven't forgotten my Mummy and I'm grown up.
Wotsit (voice trembling):  But when I'm really really really old, I won't be able to remember you.
Me: Don't be sad my love, yes you will.
Wotsit: Not when I'm really really really really old.
Me:  But remember sweetheart, you can't forget me because I'll always be in your heart.
Wotsit:  I know but when you die Mummy I want to have a statue of you in the garden (if I have a garden) so I can always see you and never forget you.
Me: You could look at some pictures of Mummy.
Wotsit: I want a statue.
Me: Okay darling, I love you so much.
Wotsit: Night Mummy, I love you too. 

Well that's settled then Wotsit.  I hope you have an understanding wife... 

1 comment:

  1. If its any comfort, my son told his grandma he loved her soooo much, that when she died, he'd keep her in a box under his bed....
    Think Wotsits wife will have the better deal!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete