Tuesday 23 July 2013

Certificate assembly

Wotsit and I snuck into school today for 5 minutes.  A lovely moment.  Whole school assembly, angelic singing coming from the hall.  As the children filed in past us (we were semi-avoiding germs) all the reception and year 1 children called to Wotsit who responded in kind.

We were called in for Wotsit to receive his certificate for amazing progress in reading (see what we've been doing when he's not been at school..) and his big smile.  His lovely class teacher tried to hold it together as she spoke but failed - I wasn't far behind her.  And I saw Wotsit's reaction (an enormous smile and his whole face lit up) at the point he found his brother in the crowd, smiling back at him.  As we left the school he turned to me and said "Mummy, I'm really proud of me too".

Me too, Sweetie.  me too. x

No comments:

Post a Comment