Tuesday 24 September 2013

10th August 2013

The post I've been meaning to write for a while...

It's been 6 years since Monkey died.  Every year on the 10th August, for as long as I can (i.e. for as long as my children will indulge me!), I've promised myself we'll do something nice with people we love.

This year, it fell on a Saturday.  I had it all sorted weeks in advance, planning a trip to visit my best friend and her family for an overnight stay.  This year though, I did not wake up remembering the significance of the day or the reason for our trip.  Until I had a text from my Mum, it could have been any old Saturday.  I felt a bit odd when I realised this.  A bit lost for a few seconds.  But I know it's okay.  You are always here Monkey - whatever the day. 

We had a fab day, I got an extra big hug from Auntie S.  We played in the park and ate yummy ice-creams.  All was calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment